Sunday, June 03, 2007

bloggers bloc?

i don't know what is the deal but i have not felt like blogging in forever! it's the weirdest thing... i'm sure it'll come back to me. i don't think it's cuz of facebook even though i spend plenty of time on there! but you see, at work i need something to fill my time when there's no work to do, and facebook has been the perfect remedy! it's harder to blog at work cuz i get interrupted 50 times. anyways.

so let's talk my car. so far, so perfect. it's so so so nice, i love everything about it! and i love throwing all my cd's and shoes in there. my neighbor saw me changing my shoes one morning and he asked me if i keep a whole closet in there, and truthfully i sort of do :) the satellite radio is pretty fun too except i can never stay on one station for long and i drive myself crazy flipping through 200 channels. i can't wait to wash my car. in fact i purposely got it all muddy this afternoon after the tiny torrential rain passed so that i can wash it super good tomorrow. indeed!

this weekend was so nice. i went fishing out at blackstrap for the day and the weather was so amazing and hot. i felt sooooooo amazingly relaxed and we had such good alone time together. as many of you know, jeff has moved to humboldt. he and 3 other guys bought into a farm equipment business, and there are three stores they own. one is in PA, one in kinistino, and then the one in humboldt. so yes, he's moved there and so far things are going really good for him. humboldt is actually a beautiful little city (it's considered the smallest city in saskatchewan, with 5000 people and growing fast). it's got all the fast food joints and a walmart is coming. so it's not so small town, and it's only an hour away. so yes, for the time being, i am here and he is there. and things are good.

so anyway back to my weekend, you guys i actually really like fishing! i HATE the actual slimy stinky fish, but when you catch one it's sooooooooo exciting and really really fun! i'm quite funny fishing actually, cuz i'm not the conventional, serious fisher... nope i mostly suntan, read, do my sudoku's. and only start fishing once someone else has caught one so that i can catch up. i have a new, upgraded, REAL fishing rod now. after last year's humongo fish i caught, i have graduated to real fishing rod status. so proud. anyway i pretty much freak out whenever a fish is being caught cuz i think it's so disgusting. but it's fun. and i didn't even burn cuz i wore sunscreen all day long. i hope my tan lasts longer than a day. too bad i have to sit indoors from 8:30 to 5 all week long. i HATE THAT.

k what else, what else. my graduation is on wednesday. i'll have to get a pic or two in my grad gown and cap. maybe after that i'll actually feel like i've accomplished something major. that's pretty much the reason i'm going. just to wear the crap, walk across the stage, shake peter's hand (i think i'm gonna ask him for a tour of his gorgeous house) and get that degree. perhaps then it will sink in that i'm not going back in september and that all that work i did the last four years is all summed up in my little piece of paper.
Kristin A Eagle. Bachelor of Arts, Honours. International Studies.
congratulations, self!

so me, jeff, lynnel and my parents went to the new greek restaurant on 3rd ave, katouki tavern i think it's called. it was AMAZING! a bit pricey but QUITE the experience. first off, it's beautiful in there. later on they have belly dancers come through the restaurant and go to each table and try to get you to dance with them! it's super funny. and when you leave you get to smash plates! how great is that? oh i loved smashing plates. it's like therapy! jeff let me smash his plate so i got to do it twice, how nice of him! lynnel took pictures so hopefully one day she'll upload them. quite the experience, i highly recommend it. and dessert was the most delicious dessert i have ever ever had.

k well i am done blogging now. so sorry i have been so non-existent. i guess i am just a little bit boring lately but yes, i'm sure it'll come back to me...

bye now.

7 comments:

Cory said...

yes, yes, yes!!! This is what I have been waiting for all week. Obviously this makes it sound like I have no life. But truthfully, right at the moment that's the way it is!

kristin janzen said...

hehe, oh cory i love you to bits!

Jenna said...

Kristin,
I didn't hear about that plate smashing place, that is soo awesome@!! I want to go!!!bye
ps. ew fish are gross

Just Me said...

Plate smashing? Sounds like fun! My therapist actually suggested that I should go to the dump and throw cheeze wiz jars....but, plate smashing sounds wayyyyy funner.

Kerilyn said...

What on earth would YOU need any kind of therapy for Kristin?! You're perfect!
It is always a pleasure to read your blogs!

Linoleum said...

haha oh kissy i'm so proud of you earning your degree! now let's go to africa! ce-la-brate good times, come on! da da - da da - da - da - da - da - come on!

Leah said...

That was a really good blog and it's a little sad that all people are commenting on is the plate smashing.

That being said - I want to smash a plate.