Saturday, May 12, 2007

for me? why yes!




2007 Chevy Cobalt LTZ Coupe - ALL MINE!



I decided that this post needed some text to this post, so I'm sharing with you my car experience. Now that I am full time and considered permanent at my job (as opposed to student working whatever hours I want!), have a guaranteed income and some stability, it is time to get myself a vehicle. I blew the head gasket in my little sunbird in December and have been relying on the bus, my family, Jeff, friends ('specially Lynnel and Angela!) and a couple people from work here, to get around and it has been verrrrrrrry inconvenient for me and probably for them as well! If you have had the "opportunity" to give me a ride (am I 16? yes i think so), well then I thank you!!!

So I took Friday off (my first PAID holiday day EVER = big deal), and dragged my dad and Jeff all around the city with me. We started off looking at Sherwood Chev and was this close to buying a brand new Aveo... but I just couldn't buy the first car I looked at, plus I wanted to check out the Yaris and the G5. So went to Toyota, ended up test driving a Corolla but guess what guys, I'm not a mom. And I don't need a mom car. The G5 was next, followed by the upgraded G6, both hot hot cars. The G6 was a bit big for me and the G5 was priced right. This close once again.

Jeff from Chev called wanting to know if we were coming back for the Aveo. Boyfriend Jeff tells Chev Jeff that I loved the G5 and that we were getting a really good deal there. Chev Jeff tells BF Jeff that if I would come test drive a Cobalt (the Chev equivalent of the Pontiac G5) that they would give me "a smokin deal" that I couldn't turn down.

Indeed, Chev Jeff was not kidding around! I ended up getting the Cobalt for the same monthly payment as what they had offered me the Aveo for and it's a much cooler car. BF Jeff was amazing at working the price down, and I was sooooo happy to have him and my dad helping me! They were the ones who convinced me to get a two door! They say I have lots of time for practical four doors in the future :) Dad says I'm too cool for a four door right now. haha. thanks dad! I also got a graduate rebate, where Chev pays my first two payments (sooooo great!) AND a $1000 "loyalty" rebate because my dad has the astro van registered in his name! We thought it was hilarious that the 1994 van qualified and not the newer Grand Am, but whatever, I got $1000 bucks off!

So here's the specs for anyone who might care. It's a 2 door, white 2007 Cobalt LTZ with an upgraded stereo (hello it has a 10" sub woofer, and 7 speakers which I think is hilarious! Fergie is going to be working hard!), it has XM satellite radio built into the system, a remote start (YESSSSSSSS BABY!) that detects the temperature and turns the heat/air conditioning on accordingly, and it's an automatic which I wanted. Yes I can drive a standard and yes it may be a bit cooler but I just wasn't in the mood for all that work anymore. It has fog lights, ABS brakes and upgraded wheels which BF Jeff was adamant about getting b/c he is moving (saving for another post) and I will be doing much more highway driving. The only thing I wanted that I didn't get was a sunroof which added another $15/month to my payment and I just decided against it. I told myself I can either have the remote start or the sunroof and I definitely think I'll be happier with a warm car in -40 degree weather. The only thing the Aveo offered that I wanted was an Ipod but I figured I may as well buy myself one if I really wanted it that bad. I don't think I'll need it with all my satellite radio options though! I also get a 5 year/160,000 km powertrain warranty which is AWESOME!

So they are bringing it in for me from who knows where, and I don't get it till Wednesday or Thursday. Until then, I dream about it! And look at it. I am so excited!

Let's take a look from the back, shall we?! Pretend it's white:



oh hi! you're freaking hot!

okay bu bye.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the cobalt, although i wish you bought the supercharged one so we could race your peeps! i sure did work those sales boys...................!

Cory said...

OH! Good for you! Doesn't it feel great to be driving something new? I am so excited for you!

Just Me said...

YAY...I love that when I called yesterday, it was the first thing out of your mouth! I love new car excitment....and white is a fantabulous color!

tmosh said...

and does super white hot cobalt have a name?

kristin janzen said...

ah, no name yet! i think i have to drive it for a bit. then maybe the car will speak to me with it's name......i can't be hasty on such an important issue!

Jenna said...

that is a nice car. congratulations lumere.

Anonymous said...

good choice kristin! it's a very cool looking car!

Just Me said...

PS: I love hearing about the stereo! Tim seems to think that we are the only couple who has had an actual near argument about me getting a sub in the trunk. He said unless I was talking about a sandwhich, we were not having that discussion. All I want is pounding bass...is that too much to ask? I like to feel it and see it in my rear view mirror! Apparently, the kids don't need to have their eardrums wrecked before their teens...silly responsible Tim :)

Kerilyn said...

Congrats on your very cool, hip car kristin anne!!! automatic will definatly be nice for you whne you're on the phone, trying to eat something and painting your nails at the same time! ;)

AlisonVeritas said...

Let's name her Priscilla. or Carlotta. Oo I like that. OK HELLO! I've left you messages everywhere. call me I have good stuff to talk to you about!