Friday, June 08, 2007

i like pink. too bad for you.




i changed my blog and made it pink pink pink. i love love love it.

graduation, pardon me, convocation day came and went, and i have a beautiful degree hanging up on my mom's kitchen wall right now, where i want it to stay forever. well until i move out (ha ha ha................ha). it looks so lovely there where everyone can see! i'm so proud of me, but really guys, anyone can go to university and get a degree. half the time i felt like i was in high school again. sitting in class isn't hard, and doing the work isn't really that hard either. exams are tricky but seriously, anyone can do it if they wanted to. that i am convinced of. four years seems like a big commitment but it goes SO FAST!

so i went to TCU place on wednesday and you have to line up in your respective degree, so they have 3 year B.A., 4 year B.A., Honours B.A.'s, etc, etc. well the one girl who all through uni thought i was like, the biggest slacker and always made comments like "kristin, do you STILL not have your essay in yet? oh my kristin!" and then she would laugh sympathetically for me. and roll her eyes. for the last four freaking years. anyway i'm talking to my friends in the honours line up and she actually says to me, "kristin, are you in the right line up?" um, yes.... "you got an honours degree?" UH YES!!!! SHE of course, got a High Honours degree, but screw that, i was in the right line.

when i actually walked across the stage, the lady called me "Kirsten" which angers me and i grimaced in fury in front of 5000 people. then another lady put my sash thingy over my head while some important guy who was too important to get up from his fancy chair told me congratulations and shook my hand. then i walked over to prez peter who also shook my hand and gave me my actual degree. THEN he asked me what i was planning to do with it. WELL. nobody warned me to have something prepared when i spoke to mr. important! i was like, uhhh, ummm, ah, uhmmmm and like, you only have 5 seconds before the next person was coming so how could i possibly sum up my potential-but so far nonexistent-plans to the most important man in saskatoon besides the mayor? oh Pete. i'm sorry for embarrassing myself in front of you. i shoulda told him i want to come and work for him. i also forgot to ask him for a tour of his gorgeous house. i kind of forget everything including my name. i mumbled something about staying in the province and he looked at me with pity on my sad life. hehehe.

after we took pictures. then we went to earls for some lunch (yum chicken santa fe salad) and afterwards went to costco. i bought books. i'm in textbook buying denial, so lately i have bought four books - Nutrition for Life, Cocktails 101 (heh), Blink, and one novel, The Last Summer (of you and me). I read my novel in 2 days. i hate that i read and can't stop and finish books in a day or two. grrr me! blink is supposed to be excellent, it has come highly recommended by many people. book review soon to come.

so anyways i am finally done university and likely the content of this blog will change as i no longer have classes or profs or papers to complain about... maybe i need a whole new blog start... hence the change of the look... but possible brand new blog to come...

love to all.

Kristin A. Eagle, B.A.

4 comments:

Cory said...

You're being so modest. A degree is a BIG deal and honors no less! Mr. President can read about everything you're doing to change the world in the paper so I don't think you need to worry too much about it.

Just Me said...

I like pink too...congrats girl, you deserve it! I have yet to actually see you looking hot in your new car!

*Tanis* said...

Hi Kristin,
Congrats on your degree! I love saying I have a degree. Oprah had the author of Blink on the other day. I will look forward to your book review because it looked interesting.

**Lola** said...

Congratulations! I am sure the B-IOTCH part felt great...hehe.
I agree with Cory, getting a degree is a big deal and YOU made it happen!!!